Action-based trainings and in-the-field practice in your hometown learning how to register voters, recruit volunteers, set-up a campaign office, host a house party, organize your community, and use the newest data and digital tools to maximize your efforts+ Read More
- Corps members in the Immersion Program experience a curriculum that blends direct instruction with hands-on practice and in-field application.
- The program starts with an introduction to the fundamentals of organizing and key tactics, and each week, corps members increasingly implement and perform voter and volunteer activity independently, culminating in a national Day of Action planned and executed by corps members.
Hands-on development with the support of a campaign coach and campaign veterans+ Read More
- Your coach will lead trainings alongside campaign veterans, local elected leaders and state party staff.
- As you carry out new responsibilities in the field, your coach will provide feedback and guidance so that you continue to learn and grow in your role.
Directly support the local state Democratic party in preparing for the general election through voter registration, persuasion and mobilization activities+ Read More
- Build relationships with the team that’s building the infrastructure for the 2020 general election.
- Learn how to organize in the context of your state’s electoral strategy, practices and laws.
Direct support applying and transitioning to the 2020 general election upon completion of program
5-weeks April 27, 2020 through May 31, 2020 in your hometown:
|Phoenix||Ft. Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Miami, Orlando, Sarasota, St. Petersburg, Tampa, West Palm Beach|
|Atlanta||Detroit, Flint, Madison Heights|
|Charlotte, Raleigh||Philadelphia, Pittsburgh|
Full-time Tuesday-Saturday including nights and some Sundays+ Read More
- This is a paid, full-time position.
- Participants must be able to commit to the full 5-week period and regular work schedule.
$15/hour, 40 hours/week, plus an additional gas stipend+ Read More
- Corps members who regularly drive as a part of their 5-week training experience will have access to additional gas stipends.
- Some free housing may be provided by supporters near training assignments, but housing is not guaranteed and applicants who have access to reliable housing in our training cities will be prioritized.
Applications are reviewed and corps members are admitted on a rolling basis, so there’s no need to wait!
|Priority Deadline||Final Deadline|
|February 5, 2020||March 4, 2020|
The full application process includes an application review, phone interview, and two reference checks.
People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.